May 2012 Sketch Blog Challenge

Hello again! Thanks for stopping by today :). I have just a couple of cards to share with you using this month's sketch by Shannon White at http://scraplady324.blogspot.com/. Shannon has created yet another fabulous sketch for us this month:


I decided that I was going to do cards this month using her sketch instead of the standard scrapbook layout. After I finished my first card, I really wanted to try it again on another card so a second one was "born"! So, without further ado, here are my two creations:

This first card used a set of my favorite color combos - teal and burnt orange. There really isn't much to the details of this little card. The designer paper came from my stash of scraps so I'm afraid I don't recall the manufacturer's name. The cardstock is by Coredination and my card base is standard white cardstock by The Paper Studio. If you know my style, you know I can't have a project without a touch of bling LOL. This time the bling is from a set made by Recollections that I purchased at our local Michael's store. It's actually meant to be for a corner and all I did was cut it up for my use. It was small so it was perfect for my card! I used my Creative Memories corner rounder and circle cutter. My sentiment stamp is by Inkadinkadoo and is part of the Expressions & Frames set. I used my Momento ink to stamp the sentiment. I used Baja Breeze ink by Stampin' Up! to accent around my sentiment and card top. On the back of my sentiment I used pop dots to give it a little dimension.

My second card for this sketch used another set of my fav color combos - pink and brown. The polkadot designer paper is by Making Memories and is part of the Paper Reverie collection. This one is the Brown Antique Rose Stripe. The criss cross paper is part of the Lush collection and is the Brown Houndstooth paper. The pink patterned paper is by Basic Grey and is called Pink Fizz. I just LOVE Basic Grey - too bad no local scrapbook stores carry it! The other pink paper is by Coredination. I used a Marth Stewart border punch on the strip across the top. The stamp is part of a little set by the Studio G Series 64 set. I used Chocolate Chip ink by Stampin' Up! And to top it off, I have my bling accents. The swirl is by Recollections. The little pearls on the left are part of a variety pack by Queen & Company.

Well, that's it for today! I hope you've enjoyed seeing my little projects. Have a craftastic day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Artist Trading Cards!

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Scrapbooking Project