Journey Ahead

Whew! What a crazy whirlwind the last week has been. My first stresser was finding out that one of my fav scrapbook stores (Scrapnesia) is in danger of shutting their doors. This economy is killing them and one of their partners has decided to sell her half of the store. They are having trouble finding a buyer with the way things are in the world.

My second stresser has been work - I've had one of the gals that works for me turn in her notice (her last day is 11/21) and I've had some difficulty with some of my other staff that I'm not sure how it's going to iron out just yet. I am looking to hire an Accounting Assistant and get the pleasure of sorting through the ton of resumes I've started to receive. The worst part is, I'm going out of town on business tomorrow and won't be back until Friday evening so I won't get to start the resume sorting until Monday and then interviewing starting soon thereafter. Argh!!

My third stresser is losing weight. Those of you that know me, know that this has always been a big struggle for me. I went to the OB/GYN today for my annual and my doctor literally said "What the hell?! Where are the babies?!" Then proceeded to tell me to get off my ass - gotta love it! We talked last time about me getting pregnant in the upcoming year but only if I hit a certain weight range. Well, I was headed in the right direction but hit a variety of road blocks. Hey, at least I'm down a half-pound from this time last year ;). So, thus my new journey begins. My goal is to be able to stop the BC pills no later than April 12, 2009. Hopefully this means we will be pregnant by July (doc says it'll probably take 3 months coming off the pill) and then we'd have a baby by the following April 2010. I have a REALLY GREAT support system within my friends and am going to have to work on my hubby. It's not that he's not supportive, but rather it's tough getting him to put forth the effort to cook healthy as he cooks pretty much all the time. I am definitely going to have to step up and start to help cook around here - if you have any good, healthy recipes to share, please bring'em on! We're both picky eaters (he is way worse than I am) but I'm willing to try just about any food .... for example, I've never actually eaten bell peppers but heard they're great to snack on.

Alas, it's time for me to go to bed. I am working on some really cute crafty stuff thanks to a swap on Split Coast Stampers. It's the 3x3 card swap with matching holder. I'll be working more on it this coming weekend and will post pictures then. Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Artist Trading Cards!

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Scrapbooking Project