Technique Series: Shaving Cream Fun

Hey y'all! So, I'm not sure if you guys know this, but I teach a monthly Technique Card Class at a local scrapbook store, Scrapnesia. I've been teaching there for over 2 years and absolutely love it! One of my favorite websites to scraplift techniques is Split Coast Stampers. They have an enormous resource section and offer lots of valuable information.

So, I thought I would share some of the fun techniques I've learned on my blog. Maybe this will help me keep up with this blog more often ;).

As some of you know, I'm not a fan of messy projects LOL ... this is one reason why I don't use things like glitter or paint on hardly anything. I'm trying to break out of this box a bit more. So, this technique features the use of shaving cream to make pretty designs. Here's my card (totally meant to color the image before I posted this but oh well lol):


This was so super easy to do! First, for an easy and disposable work surface for the shaving cream mixture, I went to the meat department at a local Bi-lo and they gave me a stack of unused meat trays. This way, when I'm done, I can just toss it away and not have to worry about staining anything. If you are rinsing your dish in a sink, soak your dish in the water first to dilute the ink. Some inks will stain so be careful.

So, how did I do it? First, find your favorite Dye Ink re-inkers to match the color scheme for your project (I also tried alcohol ink re-inkers and they did not work). Spray some foam shaving cream (not the gel kind) on to the meat tray. Take your re-inkers and place several droplets of the ink on the shaving cream. Using too many colors may make your color come out brown so I would suggest sticking with around 3 colors. Once you've got the ink dropped in to the cream, using a wooden skewer (or other similiar tool), mix the droplets of ink in to the cream. I made vertical lines and then horizontal lines to mix mine (too much mixing will make one solid color so gingerly mix it).

Once you've got it mixed, take your white cardstock (I used Bazzill White) and lay it on top of the cream. Press your cardstock in to the shaving cream to make sure the card front is completely covered. Pull the cardstock out of the shaving cream. Take a paper towel and wipe away the shaving cream in a swirling motion. Once the cardstock dries (won't take long), you're ready to use it!

Easy peezy right? I hope you've enjoyed this mini tutorial. Happy crafting!!

Comments

  1. I enjoy your blob!
    Am I wiping off the wet shaving cream?
    It doesn't make your paper a mess?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Yep, you wipe off the wet shaving cream. It doesn't mess up your paper at all. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Artist Trading Cards!

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Scrapbooking Project