May 2011 Sketch Challenge

Hello blogland! Wow! Life sure has been crazy busy for me lately. I can't believe how fast time is flying by. It's time once again for the monthly sketch challenge issued by The Scrapping Stamper. Shannon White designs her own sketches each month and sends them out to her sketch team to see what we can come up with. Here is the sketch for this month:


I love love love double page layouts. This one was a bit of challenge for me as I don't typically have any lap over between my pages (meaning, there's not normally anything like pictures or circles that cross between the middle part of the layout). However, now that I challenged myself to give this a try, I discovered that I really like the way it turned out. So, without further ado, here's my take on her sketch:


Want the details behind this layout? I used my favorite circle cutter by Creative Memories. The decorative paper is part of the Show Choir line by Moxxie (purchased at a LSS - Scrapnesia). For the cardstock, I used Cranberry and Melon by American Crafts and French Vanilla by Bazzill. The flowers are also from Bazzill - I love fabric flowers! The bling is from Zva Creative (Number CR-01CB-118). For my flower centers, I used Robin's Nest Dew Drops - Dark Vanilla and various buttons from my stash. I used the Broadway font in Word for my journaling.

Well, that wraps up this month's challenge. Be sure to check out Shannon's blog and leave her from scrappy love :). Until next time ... Happy scrapping!!

Comments

  1. What a wonderful LO! The paper for your border strip is just perfect for this LO!

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I am not a fan of double page lo's but this one is stunning! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Artist Trading Cards!

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Scrapbooking Project