December 2011 Sketch Blog Challenge

Hello!! Thanks for stopping by :). Today brings you another project featuring the latest sketch challenge from The Scrapping Stamper. I mixed it up this time around and did a card using her sketch instead of a layout. Since my Christmas cards still are not done, I thought this would be a perfect chance to get one more done. Here is her sketch this month:
Here's my take on her sketch: The details are fairly simple for this card. I used Coredination Paper for the card base (Scarlet) and layered that with Bazzill (Vanilla). The Christmas papers are by My Mind's Eye from the Merry Days of Christmas collection. I think this came out in 2010. I have a ton of it in my stash as I really like this line. The papers really coordinate together nicely. The Merry Christmas sentiment is by Just Rite and is included in the Sparky and Friends set. I love the new Just Rite cling stamps! Nothing beats really nice cling rubber stamps. I used Tim Holtz's Walnut Stain for my ink. His ink has become my "go to" ink lately as it is perfect for so many projects! The pendant was punched out using Stampin Up's Pendant Punch set. Lastly, of course I can't have a project without bling! The little red rhinestones are by Kaisercraft and add just the right amount of sparkle.

That's it! Fairly simple overall. The most challenging part for me was cutting all of the pieces to fit propery on the card front. I hope you'll give this sketch a try on your next project. Be sure to stop pay The Scrapping Stamper's blog and leave her some scrappy love. Have a wonderful weekend! Come back soon :).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Artist Trading Cards!

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Scrapbooking Project