April 2013 Sketch Blog Challenge

Howdy folks! I hope you all had a very Happy Easter! Do you have a favorite Easter tradition? Growing up, the Easter Bunny always visited our house and gave us a small basket of goodies. My parents had a tradition of building small nests in the yard (out of grass) and putting a few plastic Easter eggs in the nest. The Easter Bunny would fill them up with goodies (or money!) every year. Building those nests in the yard will be a tradition that we will pass down to our kids for sure. Isn't funny how you remember the little things like that?
 
Anyway, I'm back at ya today with a little card I created for Shannon White's sketch blog challenge for this month. Show her some blogging love and visit her site here: http://scraplady324.blogspot.com/. She's had some really great sketches for us to play with and I've really enjoyed challenging myself to follow them. She allows us to vary from the sketch but I'm more of a "rule follower" and like to stick with what I'm given LOL - anyone else like that? Here's her sketch for this month:
 
 
I really wish my craft room was in better order so I could have done this as a scrapbook layout. This sketch would have made a really neat scrapbook page but I can't find half my stuff in the black hole that is my room. One day I'll actually get everything cleaned and organized and be able to get back to scrapping again. Anyway, I went with making a card this month. Here's what I came up with:

 
The details are pretty basic with this little card. The cardstock (red and pink) are both by Coredination. The patterned paper came from a paper stack by Basic Gray called True Love. I love anything Basic Gray!! The paper flowers and button are from my stash and I have no idea the brand names lol. The stamped images are by Fiskars and are part of the Floral Flair stamp set. I used Stampin Up! ink (Blushing Bride and Old Olive). Pretty simple right?!
 
This card was made for the grandmother of a very dear friend of mine. We call her "Nanny" and she always welcomed me into her home! She is a very special lady and was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Luckily, the doctors are optimistic with her treatment and I hope this brightens her day just a little.
 
Thanks for stopping by my little crafty world today. Until next time ... do something crafty!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Artist Trading Cards!

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Scrapbooking Project