My Little Family

I'm sitting here trying to think of something to blog about and realized I haven't posted anything recently about my little family. For now, it's just me and my husband Dan. We celebrated our 8th anniversary on November 17, 2009. There is a good possibility that we will try for kids next year but we'll see. This is one of my very favorite photos of Freckles (our youngest Cocker Spaniel at almost 8 years old). She is definitely HIS dog and follows him around everywhere. If I'm home without him, she's wondering around the house looking for him!! We have had her since she was 6 months old and she is definitely a handful. She is a "chewer" and we have to be very careful about leaving stuff around the house that she can get her paws on. She's also addicted to playing with her tennis ball - from playing fetch to chewing all the fuzz off the ball LOL. It's so funny to see how she hides her tennis balls all over the house - just when you think you have them all gathered into her "toy basket", she comes strutting through the room with another one!!


Then, there is my darling Patches. We have had her since she was 8-10 weeks old. She is almost 11 years old. I think Patches is probably more my dog than Dan's but he would probably say differently. She is absolutely the best lap-dog one could ever own. She is a lover, not a fighter. She can be found laying around the house at all hours of the day. She is also very well known for "leaning" against things - whether it be your leg, your pillow or the table leg!! When someone comes to the door, Freckles is generally the one that is barking her head off while Patches is bouncing around wanting to get petted by whomever may be at the door. She has never cared to play with much of anything and would prefer a good rub down rather than having to waste the energy on playing.

Well, that's my little family. We're happy and grateful for everything the Lord has provided to us. I would love to get a third dog but Dan isn't interested. It's probably for the best since we plan on having kids soon. :)

Until next time ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Artist Trading Cards!

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Scrapbooking Project