Dad's 60th Birthday

We went down to Myrtle Beach for the long weekend and to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday. It's hard to believe my dad is 60 already!! We don't often get to celebrate my parents' birthdays with them so this was even more special of a time. My mom turns 60 this year as well (in June) so we decided to get them a really nice combination gift as a suprise. So, I made him this special card just before we headed out the door to go to their house. This was a super easy card but still pretty nice if I say so myself :).

I used only scraps on this little card (woo-hoo!). Because of this, I have no idea what brand the patterned paper is. The brown cardstock base is smooth cardstock from Papertrey Ink - she has really nice paper that is perfect for cards!! The rest of the paper is a mix of Core'dination Cardstock and Bazzill Cardstock. The birthday stamp is by Impression Obsession - it's actually a small set of sports stamps with just a few phrases. The ribbon is your basic grosgrain ribbon. The little bling is from AC Moore and comes with 42 pieces in total. I actually found these in the beading department. They are the Hot Fix Crystallized Swarovski Rhinestones and work perfectly with just a dab of glue. I have found that these little guys give off more sparkle than anything else I've found. So, when I'm looking for some realistic looking "bling", I turn to these. Be careful though, they're slippery little boogers!! LOL. To finish it off, I added a dimensional sticker by Soft Spoken (bought at Hobby Lobby). He's a golfer and the gift was golf related to it meshed with the theme. For the inside of the card, I simply printed off a description of the gift in a pretty font. I then cut it down to fit inside the card and taped it right inside.

I'm still working on developing my skills in making "manly" type cards. It's pretty challenging for me as I have LOTS of girly stuff and not much boyish stuff. My Dad really loves getting my handmade cards as he's amazed that one can actually make things like that. They were both really suprised at our gift. He was also very happy to get to eat at Captain D's for lunch - this is his favorite place but Mom hates it so he doesn't get it but once a year - ha ha!!

Thanks for stopping by. Happy crafting!!

Comments

  1. It is so hard to makr guy cards for me, I really like this one:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Artist Trading Cards!

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Scrapbooking Project