First Post!

Hello! I finally jumped on the blogging band wagon. I'll do my very best at blogging frequently but I'm not making any promises ;).

I stay very busy working as the Chief Financial Officer for Greenville Heritage Federal Credit Union (GHFCU). In case you don't know what the difference between a Credit Union and a "BANK" (that's a four-letter word in my industry LOL) is, then where have you been?? ha ha ... In all seriousness, the three most important differences between the two are: 1) Credit Unions are member-owned meaning that you actually own a piece of the organization when you join - why does this matter? because you're likely to be seen as a person rather than as a "cost center"! 2) Credit Unions are not-for-profit - why is this important? allowing for better interest rates (both on the deposit AND loan areas), credit unions typically have fewer and smaller fees, and any profits that are made are distributed to the members in the form of dividends; banks in turn, charge outrageous fees/interest in order to boost profits and pay those stunning executive salaries! and 3) banks HATE credit unions and have been out to get us since 1934 when credit unions were first established. Anyhoo, my responsibilities at the Credit Union vary from Human Resources to IT so it always keeps me on my toes!

Okay, enough about work, let me tell you about the rest of my life. I'm married (his name is Dan) and we have two sweet female cocker spaniels. Patches is 9 years old and Freckles is just about 7 years old. As of this post, we've been married for almost 7 years (anniversary is 11/17). Since we currently don't have children, the doggies are the light of our lives and we can't imagine life without them. As far as kids go, we're looking at sometime in 2009 but we aren't set on that just yet.

Dan currently works for Resurgent Capital as a Senior Systems Integration Analyst. Sounds fancy right? Yeah, I have no idea exactly what it means LOL. His hobbies include playing guitar, listening to music (collectively we own over 3,000 CDs), reading and most recently collecting rock n roll postcards. What do I like to do for fun? Oh my! Where do I start?! My first and foremost favorite hobby is scrapbooking. I also make cards, quill, cross stitch, and quilt. Wonder what my next venture will be?

So, what else do you need to know about me? My two biggest challenges in life right now are losing weight and decreasing our debt. Both are extremely difficult for me but are necessary in order for us to be able to have a family one day. I have a strong support base within my family and friends and am very thankful for that.

Well, I think that about does it for my first post .... can't give away all my secrets at once ;). It's late and I'm traveling for work tomorrow to the big city of Columbia, SC. Until next time ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Artist Trading Cards!

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Scrapbooking Project