Get Your Quill On!

Hey peeps!! Back at ya with another one of my recent projects. These were made for a class I'm teaching at Easy As Cat Soup on February 8. I am in LOVE with quilling and am very excited about this class! Unfortunately, because this is a paying class, I can't share with you exactly how I made the cards but I can give you just a few tips :).

Patience - like all new hobbies, it takes patience to learn what to do and feel comfortable with it. If you don't have any stores in your area to take quilling classes, You Tube is a wonderful thing. I will say though that there is something about seeing it done "in person" that makes it so much easier!

Practice - you know the old saying "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again"? Well, with quilling, this is sooooo important! This is not something you're going to be an expert at your first time. You have to work through the techniques to develop your skills.

Lastly, take the time and design yourself a quilling chart. You can include as many shapes as you want (mine is fairly basic). Just make sure that each shape you do, you use the same length paper strip so you know how small each shape comes out with the same length paper. Having the chart in front of you will help you in learning how other things are designed when you find patterns you like.

So, without further ado, here are the cards you'll learn how to make in this class:




Thanks for stopping by today! Have yourself a craftastic day!

Comments

  1. Your quilling(cards) are gorgeous, then I scrolled down & saw the Christmas cards!
    I LOVE quilling, have to find more time for it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Artist Trading Cards!

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Scrapbooking Project