Fancy Paper Crafters

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Animal Card Cuteness

Hello! Want to see something super cute? Well, you've stopped at the right blog today. This little card was made for a swap at Fancy Paper Crafters. The theme was "Animal Cards" and when I ran across this cute little stamp, I knew I had to use it!


Here's what ya need to complete this card (it's really quite simple):


 
 
Supplies:
- Cardstock (my patterned paper was from Basic Grey)
- Embossing Folder (I used a daisy one from Darice)
- Stamped Image (I believe this little guy was by Stampendous)
- Copic Markers (love!!)
- Embellishments (ribbon and bling on a roll)
 
Once you have all your supplies gathered, it's really just a matter of putting everything together. I used my Copic Markers to color in my image (no shading really due to the small stamp). One little trick I do for my layers is to measure everything. So, if my card base is measured 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (it's the standard A2 card size), then I cut my first layer on my card an 1/8 of an inch smaller and then my second layer another 1/8 of an inch smaller. As long as my cuts are straight, my card layers are nice and straight! I did the same thing with the matting for stamped image (I'm a numbers person so measuring works well for me - I'm not fortunate enough to be able to "eyeball" things).
 
Well, that's it for today! Thanks for stopping by :). Have a crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment