Christmas in July

Hello again! Yes, I realize it's no longer July :) .... I still wanted to share this card that I made for the Christmas in July Card Swap at Fancy Paper Crafters. I can't wait for Christmas!! I think it's wintertime that I'm ultimately longing for lol. The years that I'm actually put together enough to send out Christmas cards, I send out handmade cards. Some of my friends suggested we start our cards early this year and I jumped at the chance.
 
I found the triple layer stamping technique on Split Coast Stampers and knew I had to try it out! Once I had my idea, I needed some design inspiration. What better place to turn than Pinterest (can you tell I'm addicted)?!
 
I have been on a kick lately of using black, red and white. However, I knew I didn't want to use black on this Christmas Card but liked the idea of sticking with the red and white. I found this gorgeous card on the PartiCraft blog (from Pinterest). She didn't provide directions but since I found a simliar technique on SCS, I thought I'd be okay.
 
So, here's what I came up with:
 
 
It was actually not to difficult to make, just a lot of little steps. The cardstock is by Stampin Up!. The little pearls are by K & Company. The snowflake stamp is by Hero Arts. The ornament itself is one of the heirloom ornaments by Spellbinders. The embossing folder was also by Stampin Up! I tried using a simliar embossing folder by Darice but found that it did not work well on thick heavy weight cardstock at all. It actually tore the paper when embossed - if you have any suggestions, feel free to share :).
 
The technique itself was done by lightly adhering the 3 layers of paper together (you could certainly use more if you wanted) and then stamping directly on the layers. I also embossed the snowflakes to make them pop more. I used pop up dots between the layers to give it some dimension. When doing a a multi-layered card like this, I've found that it works best for me to approach in an assembly line fashion (I had to make 8 of these for the swap). I get all the parts ready before assembling which makes it much easier to put it all together.
 
Thanks for stopping by today!! Until next time, happy crafting!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Artist Trading Cards!

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Scrapbooking Project