Just in time for Valentine's Day ...

Hello! The snow sure is pretty outside! I've had about enough of being stuck in this house though. Heading back to work tomorrow - it is going to be rough after being closed for the past 2 days. At least it's Friday and it's a long weekend thanks to the holiday on Monday :).

So, since I haven't been able to go anywhere, I've spent loads of time in my craft room using some of my newest goodies. The project that I'm sharing today features Shimmer Sheetz by Elizabeth Craft Designs. I also used the die cuts Love and Thank You by Elizabeth Craft Designs. Without further ado, here is the project for today:


Want to know how I made this little beauty? Keep reading!

Supplies:
- Elizabeth Craft Designs Die Cuts (links above)
- Elizabeth Craft Designs Shimmer Sheets (I used Ruby Gemstone, Pink Iris, Light Pink Iris and White Iris) (each piece is cut measuring 1 3/8 x 4 and then cut in half on the diagonal to form two triangles - emboss each piece using various embossing folders)
- Elizabeth Craft Designs White Velvet Adhesive Sheet for sentiment
- Scrap piece of heavy duty cardstock (this piece measures 5 x 2 3/4)
- Cardstock for card base and card layers (all by Bazzill) - Cotton Candy card base, Robins Egg card layer and Marshmellow used as an insert to the card
- Pink Flowers by Wilton
- Little Yellow Bicycle Heart Stick Pins
- Butterfly Punch by Stampin Up! - Punched out of the Blue Iris Shimmer Sheetz
- Turquoise flat back pearl
- Turquoise seed beads for embellishing butterfly
- White Sheer Ribbon
- Tweezers
- Glue Dots
- Glossy Accents (or other clear drying glue)

Once you gather all of your supplies and cut all of your cardstock, you're ready to assemble your card! Starting in the middle of the scrap piece of cardstock (yes, you will have to measure to find the exact center), line up one edge of one of the triangle shaped shimmer sheetz and adhere to the cardstock. The "fat" end of the triangle should be at the top and you will have "over hang" on both top and bottom of the cardstock. All 8 of your triangles should fit snuggly on this cardstock (be careful not to use the same pattern next to one another). Once you've got all the pieces adhered to it, flip it over and trim the shimmer sheetz to line up with the edge of the cardstock. This creates the "sun ray" effect for your card front.

Next, adhere your sun ray piece to your Robins Egg cardstock. Take the sheer ribbon and wrap it around the cardstock tying a knot just under your sun ray (if you're good with bows - have at it! I cannot seem to master the technique of tying one of those cute little bows lol). Next step, take the 2 flowers and adhere them just next to your knot. Adhere the flat back pearl into the center of the flower (I used glue dots to hold the flower and pearl down). I tucked my hat pins in behind the flower and stuck it through the knot. Don't forget to use the plastic protector on your hat pins as you don't want to prick your finger (ouch!). Punch your butterfly out of the Blue Iris shimmer sheetz. Crease around the body of the butterfly so you'll have somewhere to put the seed beads (this also makes it much easier to adhere to your card as it gives you a flat surface to put your adhesive on the back of the butterfly. I used Glossy Accents to stick the seed beads on their side (be careful with these little boogers as they will fly away!). I then used my die cut sentiments and cut them out of the velvet adhesive paper. I LOVE  the velvet paper as it gives just the right amount of fanciness to a card without going over board (plus, I don't have to try to fight to put glue on the back of it as it comes on adhesive paper - woop woop!). Once I had the whole card front completed and my glue was dry, I adhered it to the cardbase.

And your done! That wasn't too painful was it? I hope you'll try your hand at creating your own sun ray card. Maybe if we all create one, the sun will actually make an appearance for a little while :).

Until next time peeps - happy crafting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Artist Trading Cards!

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Scrapbooking Project