A big "Hey Y'all!" from South Carolina

Hey y'all! Comin' at ya today with a recent custom order that was placed by a new client. A request was made to produce a South Carolina themed card. This was such a fun project as I've never done a state specific card before. I did some research as to how the state of South Carolina is represented. I'm not from this state originally so I'm a little behind when it comes to the history of this great state. So, as I was looking around the web, I kept coming across the Palmetto Tree with the Moon. I did find this as an SVG file and was planning on cutting it out on my cricut using Sure Cuts A Lot. However, when I did a search on my Gypsy for South Carolina, it turned out that I already had everything I needed!


So, the details of this little guy are a bit in depth. The cardstock base and all the mats are from American Crafts. The striped designer paper is by Quick Quotes. The polka dot paper is part of the Blips and Bleeps line by TPC Studio. The South Carolina themed die cuts are from the 50 States Cricut Cartridge. The big banner is from one of the Creative Memories cartridges. The border punch is by Martha Stewart. The buttons and ribbon are random from my stash of goodies.

So, I must admit that I did have some inspiration for this project (by the way, I LOVE pinterest!!). I wish I could say I came up with this pattern all on my own but I will give credit to where I found it. Although the design elements of the card are my own, I did follow a sketch provided here: http://thequeensscene.blogspot.com/2012/03/sssc154-beautiful-butterflies.html.

Well folks, that's it for today! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have craftastic day!! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Artist Trading Cards!

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Scrapbooking Project