January 2013 Sketch Blog Challenge

Hello again! I was browsing some of my old blog posts and realized that I had stopped participating in this sketch blog challenge (gasp!). I lost my old email address a while back and just realized that Shannon's email was one of the ones that I had forgotten to update (tsk tsk). So, of course I emailed her right away to get back to this challenge. I have just a couple of cards to share with you using this month's sketch by Shannon White at http://scraplady324.blogspot.com/. Shannon has created another wonderful sketch for us this month:

 

When I first saw this sketch, I immediately thought "Oh goodie, I get to scrap some of those Christmas pictures we took." Well, then I stepped into my craft room and quickly remembered that my room looks like it was hit by a tornado. I haven't been able to unpack from the recent retreat I went on so everything is still packed up and in chaos from when I was in a hurry packing. I'll get it cleaned one day but in the meantime, I figured I could at least work on cards as I could use papers from my scrap stash. So, here's the two things I came up with (going with the Love theme in honor of Valentine's Day):


 
Now for the details :). Since the papers came from my stash, I'm not positive the exact color names. I do know that the kraft cardstock base of each card and the green cardstock in the "rain" card are from Bazzill. On the "heart" card, I used My Mind's Eye designer paper and it was part of the All is Bright paper line. All of the stamps are by Unity Stamp Co - Itty Bitty collection (My Heart Belongs and Rain or Shine). I stamped using Momento Ink (Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa). I inked the edges using Stampin Up! ink (Bravo Burgundy and Always Artichoke). I busted out my Copic Markers for the "rain" card and boy am I rusty!! I used the following markers: C0, B000, B32, B34, B47, E25, E29, R81, R83, R85, RV00, RV02, RV04, YG13, Y00, Y04 and Y08. The little tear drops on the "rain" card are by The Robin's Nest (River Bed). I cut the hearts out using Spellbinders.
 
Well that does it for today ... until next time ... have a crafty day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Artist Trading Cards!

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Scrapbooking Project