Kitchen Fundamentals Class Number 2

Hello again!! So Dan and I went to our second class at Charleston Cooks tonight. It was HOT in the kitchen tonight!! Our "lesson" for this evening was "Classic Sauces" in which we learned how to make the following: Fish Sandwich with Blue Cheese Coleslaw, Basil Chicken Pot Pie, Four Cheese Macaroni and Cheese, Hollandaise over Eggs Benedict, and Orange Raspberry Coulis over Grilled Pound Cake.
 
Dan and I really got to cook tonight which was really fun! If you know us at all, you'd know we immediately gravitated to the Four Cheese Macaroni and Cheese dish. I was skeptical at first as I'm pretty "plain Jane" when it comes to cheese (Kraft Mild Cheddar on everything just about does it) but it was soooooo goooooooood!! I have never made macaroni and cheese that wasn't in a box (of course Dan has!) and I was quite surprised at how really easy it was! Tonight was quite different as we got a TON of food (way too much for one person to be able to eat in one sitting). Here are the pics of what we made:
























So, before I critique anything, I have to brag on us :). After we finished making our macaroni and cheese, the teacher tasted it and absolutely loved it! He actually told everyone in the class to get a spoon and taste our dish because it was so good. Boy did that make us feel good! Really, the only thing that needed a little tweaking was the chicken pot pie. When we make this at home, I'd like to add more seasoning for sure and make the dough a little thinner on top (this will allow it to cook more in the oven and not be so "doughy"). Outside of that, everything was pretty good. I have never had eggs benedict and was a little grossed out by the runny stuff. However, I pressed on and tried it and actually enjoyed it (although I don't think this will become part of regular meal rotation LOL).
 
Well, that's our second class in a nutshell. Next week is Everyday Sauces so we'll see how it goes :).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Artist Trading Cards!

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Scrapbooking Project