Love Themed Artist Trading Cards

Hello again! Today I thought I'd share a little Artist Trading Card (ATC) that I made for a Valentine's Themed ATC in the Fiskateers craft group. If you've never heard of an ATC, think of it as a crafter's version of a baseball card. It is small in size (3 1/2 inches x 2 1/2 inches) and is intended to show your creativity. Crafters will commonly collect them (which is pretty much what I do) or use them on craft projects like cards or scrapbook layouts. So, without further ado, here's my little creation:
 
 
These little cards took quite a while to do, but you know the old saying, "good things come to those who wait" right ;)?! Here are the products I used:
- Some form of a distressing tool (I like the Heidi Swapp one)
- Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch Die and Daisy Patch Flowers Stamps
- Baker's Twine
- Laptop and Printer
- Hole Puncher
- Medium Sized Stylus and Foam Pad
- A stick pin that I created (see it up close here)
 
Once you gather your supplies, it's really simple (time consuming yes, but simple none the less). Start by cutting your bitter chocolate cardstock 3 1/2 x 2 1/2. Layer with your My Mind's Eye designer paper (layers cut 3 1/4 x 2 1/4 and 3 x 2). Print the word "love" repeatedly on a piece of the french vanilla cardstock. Using your tag punch, punch out a tag for your embellishment and punch a hole for the twine. Distress all sides of the My Mind's Eye designer paper and the tag using the Heidi Swapp tool and Tim Holtz inks. Stamp the small daisy flower (using the Tim Holtz ink) onto the Dearest Dots My Mind's Eye designer paper and cut it out using the coordinating die cut. This part took a bit of figuring out but then I smartened up and found this video on how to do that the best. Using your stylus and a foam pad, gently rub it over the center and petals of the daisy to give it dimension. Take some of the twine and feed it through the hole punched in the tag.
 
Now, it's just a matter of glueing all of your pieces together. I used pop up dots under the tag to give it a little "umph". Using the ink around the edges helps everything pop out instead of looking flat.
 
I hope you've enjoyed this little ATC. Have a super crafty day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Artist Trading Cards!

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Scrapbooking Project